Monday, April 19, 2010

SEW, SEW, SEW


I  had an itch for another sewing project.  It all started with my niece's 2nd birthday.  I just wasn't finding the "perfect" outfit at any store I had been to.  I decided to browse the web for a pattern/template, but a general google search just wasn't giving me the right one.  For those of you who have not checked out or shopped on Etsy, you must check it out. I searched children's clothing for "pillow case dress" and found one I really liked.  I purchased a template from Froglegsandponytails and it was so easy!!  What is really cool is that I purchased the pattern, received an e-mail with the pattern/template as a pdf file, printed and was good to go.  It makes size 0-12 months all the way to size 8, and includes a doll pattern.  I shortened the dress to make a longer top to wear with bermudas, capris, or leggings, and these are the results. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that pattern and have abused it to pieces. Thank goodness it is a pdf!

    ReplyDelete