This was one of those moments, that you had to be there, and had to know the people who were in the story kind of things to understand the amount of laughter this story produces...
Characters: Marlin (Amish man who has a funny sense of humor and works in the shop)
Me (Working at my desk)
Tammy (Who works at the desk across from me)
Scene: Office
Story: (Note of clarification Martin's Hardware Store & Martin's Grocery Store are referenced in this story)
The hardware store calls and leaves a message with me for Marlin. I page Marlin to call my extension so that I may relay the message to him. Time goes by 20-30 minutes. Marlin phones me from across the office as he is in the office consulting with an engineer about an order. Marlin says, "You paged me?" "Yes," I replied. "I was phoning you to let you know Martin's called (the hardware store) and your mirror is cut and ready to be picked up."
I hang up the phone as Tammy is looking at me with a very confused look on her face and exclaims, "What did you just say?" "His mirror is cut and ready to be picked up at Martin's the hardware store" I answered. She says, "Oh, I thought you said Martin's (the grocery store) called and said his mare (horse) was cut and ready to be picked up (slaughtered)."
We were laughing so hard we were crying. On top of that, every time I remotely think about the story I start laughing hysterically. Today is going to be a terrific Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment