Friday, July 8, 2011

DIY: CAKE PLATES

I really have this fetish with cake and cupcake plates/pedestals right now.  I am not crazy over the glass ones, I love ones with color.  I really became giddy when I found a tutorial for making your own over at Your Homebased Mom.  It is so simple, yet makes it very easy to create a unique piece all your own.  I have made a few using different plates and bowls.  These are a great gift idea for someone who loves to bake, loves collecting them, wedding gifts, etc.   I purchased a tube of Amazing E6000 (as recommended by Your Homebased Mom) at Michael's craft store, and miscellaneous open stock pieces of melamine and porcelain dinnerware and put together three simple pieces.

Began with glue (Michael's Craft Store), bowl & plate (Target).

Applied glue to bottom and bottom ring of bowl.
Turned plate over and placed bowl in the center.

Voila! 

Scalloped edged red dessert bowl and salad plate.
Orange spice cereal bowl and dinner plate.

I have a few unique finds that I am on the hunt for the perfect compliment piece.  Look for upcoming photos of those coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME idea! I might have to try this myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete