From the end of spring, beginning of summer, Emily had talked non-stop about playing soccer. She thought she would give up tennis, if it meant she could play soccer. I explained to her that she could do both, as they occured at two different times of the summer. I signed her up, the first practice was the end of July and the first game was the end of August. After the second game, she decided she didn't like it. Which not liking it is okay, but trying to teach her a lesson, that you don't quit in the middle, she was told she had to finish the season. Needless to say, a strong-willed six year old she is, she has been throwing a fit (crying, screaming, etc.) once we get to the game that she is not going to play. The game schedule went through the end of September, so I was very excited that today would be the last game. Not quite yet! They have a tournament and play the next three Saturday's. I am not sure I can handle this behavior through three more games. Needless to say, I am looking forward to the end of this long soccer season.
No comments:
Post a Comment